LPN Unit Manager
|January 27, 2014 - February 25, 2014|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Full-time position with competitive wages and excellent benefit package.|
|Duties:||JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Responsible for assessment of resident needs, development and implementation of comprehensive care plan. Consults with residents’ physician in planning resident care. Periodically reviews and updates comprehensive care plan.
2. Works with interdisciplinary team members in developing a discharge plan for individual residents and assists in achieving discharge planning.
3. Communicates and acts as a liaison among residents, family, physicians, and staff.
4. Conducts resident rounds to assess and/or supervise nursing care, assess condition of residents, and safe, clean, comfortable environment.
5. Audits staff nurses to ensure that all resident care systems and processes are followed per policy.
6. Reviews all closed charts of expired resident and ensures appropriate documentation by nursing during the last 48 hours and discharge orders by physicians are enclosed (to contain how and where discharge – i.e. to funeral home via stretcher). Reviews discharge summaries of all residents.
7. Conducts periodic reviews of Care Plans to ensure they are interdisciplinary and updated by the Charge Nurse as changes occur.
|Qualifications:||SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:|
1. Maintains a current, valid License as nurse in good standing.
2. Possesses a minimum one (1) year of experience in nursing service administration. Additional education or experience in such areas as rehabilitative or geriatric nursing is preferred.
3. Possesses strong knowledge of state, federal and local regulations as they pertain to long term care.
4. Possesses good communication skills and is patient and self-disciplined.
5. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.