Assistant Director of Nursing
|August 24, 2013 - August 25, 2013|
|Benefits:||Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Vacation, Personal and Sick Time|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Full-time position with competitive wages and excellent benefit package.|
|Duties:||JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:|
1. Demonstrates knowledge, skills, and techniques necessary to care for residents with the following needs: therapeutic, neuro and dementia, dialysis, IV therapy, infectious disease and wound care, if applicable.
2. Under the direction of the DON, ensures that a sufficient number of qualified supervisory and supportive nursing personnel are assigned for each unit/shift to meet the resident needs.
3. Working closely with the DON, makes rounds upon entering the building each day. Checks each nursing unit for staffing, census, unstable residents, accidents and incidents, etc. Implements plans to correct grooming concerns, if necessary.
4. Reviews all Accidents and Incidents (A/I) daily and develops an appropriate plan to prevent future accidents and incidents. Corrects periodic reviews of documentation for inconsistencies on each unit.
5. Participates in all screening processes prior to admission. Assesses items needed by the facility to meet resident needs.
6. Conducts periodic review to ensure all documentation is informative and descriptive of nursing care and of the residentís response to that care.
7. Conducts periodic review to ensure that the nursing requirements of each resident admitted to the facility are reviewed and that the physician is consulted in planning resident care.
8. Audits specific resident care issues on a daily basis such as skin, ambulation, etc. Devises a Monthly Planning Calendar as a minimum guideline for auditing care issues.
9. Introduces self to new admissions within 48 hours. Checks for documentation initiation (i.e. physician orders, initial assignments, nursing care plan, etc).
|Qualifications:||SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:|
1. Maintains a current, valid license as a registered nurse in good standing.
2. Two year degree in nursing required BSN preferred.
3. Possesses a minimum one (1) year of experience in nursing service administration. Additional education or experience in such areas as rehabilitative or geriatric nursing is preferred.
4. Possesses strong knowledge of state, federal and local regulations as they pertain to long term care.
5. Possesses good communication skills and is patient and self-disciplined.
6. Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, and possess sufficient communication skills to perform the tasks required.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.